2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

Note: This message is for all accounts hosted on server "Destiny" or 63.247.77.114. Other servers are unaffected.

We at LiquidPlex have some very exciting news to share with you regarding your web hosting account with us!

This upcoming weekend, we will be moving and upgrading to a newer, better, faster server to provide you with exceptional service for your web hosting needs.

A short list of benefits:

• 50% more memory that current server
  • Newer processor architecture and faster speed
  • Addition of 4 virtual CPU cores via Intel Hyperthreading technology
  • OS Architecture upgrade to CentOS 6
  • MySQL Upgrade to version 5.5
  • Replacement of Fantastico with Softaculous
  • Improved reliability and stability

This page has a list of frequently asked questions regarding the details of the move. For most of our clients, you will not need to take any action to be successfully upgraded to the new server; however, a few may require manual action to be migrated successfully. Please see the next post for FAQs regarding the move.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this move, please do not hesitate to contact our support department or post here. We will be sure to address any questions you may have before we take any action moving your website this weekend.

Thank you,

Daniel McAlonan

LiquidPlex.net

#2 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

What does this mean for me?

This means your website will be hosted on faster, more reliable server, and all at no extra cost to you! Our experienced server transition team will be moving all of your files, databases, emails, accounts, and just about everything. For most clients, no work is needed on your side.

What if I use my own nameservers?

If you use your own nameservers for your domain, and not the ones provided to you by LiquidPlex, you will need to update your nameservers to point to 67.222.149.90 and 67.222.149.91.

What if I have a dedicated IP address?

You will receive a new dedicated IP address which will be reflected in your control panel post migration. Any SSL certificates will also remain functional.

I'm a reseller, what do I need to do to move my clients?

In addition to your account as a reseller, we will move all of your clients as well. After the transition is over, all of your created packages will still be there intact and all of your clients will still be under your control.

Ok, this all sounds good, but I have a few questions. Who can I talk to?

If you have any questions and/or concerns for us, please submit a support ticket via our Client Center. You can keep track of our progress live on our Twitter page @ https://twitter.com/LiquidPlex

So, when is all this happening?

The move is scheduled to commence at 8PM Eastern Time on Friday, August 23, 2013. Your website will not be taken offline during this process. We will be updating our nameservers during the move to point to the new server, so your domain will automatically start directing to the new server if you use our nameservers.

#3 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

The server move has completed successfully. If you are having any issues, please contact our support team.

NOTE TO RESELLERS: If you have custom name servers, please be sure to update them using the new IP addresses above.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: servers, maintenance, news

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users